![]() |
| Me - Mrs. Awesome |
![]() |
| True Story |
Aside from my big head about being so awesome, I'm really just a goofy, dorky, random girl.
My name is Brandy, I'm 24 and from Indiana. It's pretty boring here, but I still like it... Most of the time. If I'm not in Hick-town, Indiana... I'm probably in Illinois. I'm always in Chicago or the suburbs. I went to college downtown Chicago, which is pretty much an AWESOME place to live. I studied Graphic Design/Communication Design. I met my awesome boyfriend when I lived there. We have been together over 4.5 years now and have been in a long distance relationship for almost 4 of those years... Yeah...
I'm not really sure if I'm a country girl or a city girl. I'm kind of in the middle. I grew up in the middle of no where. Literally. If you're driving and you blink, you'll miss the town I grew up in. 1/4 mile long with no side streets... Yeah... small. But then I lived in Chicago for two years. And when I say in Chicago, I mean I was IN Chicago. I lived around the Wrigley area ( Go CUBBIES!*) and I adjusted to city life well.
*yes I am a Cubs fan. I know they suck. I know we don't win. I don't care. It's not just about winning.
Realistically, I am just a country girl at heart. I like camping and hiking and being outdoors more than anything. I like laying in the grass on a warm summer night. I like the smell of campfire. I could sit along the lake all day long and not get bored. I like to go play in a summer rain storm, and yeah, I'm not afraid to get in a mud fight. If I could spend every spring, summer, and fall night around a big bonfire with friends, I would.
I love to travel, although I don't get to do it nearly as much as I would like to. One of my favorite places is the upper peninsula of Michigan. I love road trips. Also, on that note, I don't drive. I never got a license. Long story, but basically I broke my leg super bad in high school and didn't get it, and then I moved to Chicago where I didn't need it. Now I can't afford insurance or a car, so I haven't bothered. lol.
There are a few things I am basically obsessed with.
One being Mr. Awesome. My boyfriend, Kevin. Don't take that wrong, I don't mean literally obsessed. I'm not some crazy chick. But at 4 and a half years together, he's basically in every part of my life. I talk to him every single day about everything, all day, text, calls, facebook, whatever.
Another obsession of mine is photography. Photography has been a large part of my life for so many years that it feels odd if I am not doing something with it in some way at all times. I started out with a crappy little camera when I was in middle school, and the horrible photo editing software it came with. I upgraded cameras whenever I could through out the years. I took a photography class in high school and another in college, but for the majority of it, I was self taught. I do a little of everything, nature photography, portraits, events, etc. For two years I worked in a portrait studio and although it wasn't my ideal photography job, it was fun. I learned a lot about the business side of photography and got paid to do what I love. Unfortunately, I recently left that job because of a big messy drama with some of the managers above me.
I recently started selling some of my favorite photographs online. I am working daily on that, and if you'd like to check it out, here is how you can: AwesomelyYouPhoto.Etsy.com
The third (and final) thing I am kind of obsessed with lately is nail polish. Seriously, it's becoming an addiction. My nail polish collection has grown substantially in the past few months. Now, I'm nothing like all those nail polish bloggers out there, or those who make their own polishes (although I've been thinking about that) I love doing my nails, it's really the only 'girly' thing I do. My facebook, twitter, and instagram are covered in photos of my nails. I can't resist looking at nail polish basically every time I go to the store. And the mall? That's a dangerous place. lol.
![]() |
| My favorite nails |
~Mrs. Awesome



No comments:
Post a Comment